Monday, September 7, 2009

still painting....

Here is a photo that was taken part way through my long weekend that was spent painting. Late last week I applied all the primer to change from oil based stain to water based paint. This photo does not show the colour very well but it is a light green and the balusters are white. I just finished the railings this evening and I am glade to be done. Now all that is left to do is sand, prime and paint the deck which will be changing to a taupe/beige colour that matches our window trim. The forecast is not looking good for deck painting so it will have to wait until I have at least three days without any rain.

Other painting that needs to be done is three exterior doors & some window painting. We are having the remaining old windows replaced some time in October and I need to paint a bit of brick to match the aluminum cladding that they will install. Not sure when I will get to this, some time this month I hope.

Being that I have been painting from sun up to sun down I have not even been in the veggie patch. I will do a post on the garden either Tues or Wed and it will probaly be about the blight that keeps spreading.

Hope everyone had a good long weekend!

4 comments:

  1. The painting looks good! I did the big potato lift today and found I had some blight in the potato patch too. Not rampant, but I lost quite a bit of poundage from it. It's been a nasty year for it that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting is one of those jobs that just must be done. Hope you finish soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get those 3 days without rain soon to do the deck. We had someone do our stairs three years ago and the paint is pretty worn off already. Don't know if it's just the way it is with all the foot traffic or if there's a better stain out there...

    ReplyDelete