Monday, September 21, 2009

Mondays Harvest

Here is my wee harvest for the entire week, all 1lb 4oz worth. For veg selection this week we have the last few chioggia beets, a pink berkley tie dye tomato (seed from Judy's SFG), a variegated(leafed) tomato in front and a bunch of velvet red tomatoes (seed from The Conservative Gardener).

There are a few things left in the garden that will be a bulky harvest but I am afraid this is how this will be looking for a while. The garden is definitely in a lull between summer and falls crops now. I'm not complaining though as I have lots of things that need attention and it is nice to have a bit of a reprieve from garden chores.

If you would like to share your harvests of the week, pop over to Daphne's page and share your link!

8 comments:

  1. The summer produce is fast concluding and the fall items are soon to take center stage. What did you end up doing with the beets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My harvest is winding down as well. I look forward to seeing your fall bounty. My fall snap peas just aren't happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, it's just that time of year, unfortunately. I've seen evidence that mine is slowing down, too. Hope ya get some nice melons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, autumn is upon us here too. I'm still harvesting dried beans, had the last of the shellies last weekend. And there's still lots of kale and leeks to go at. The toms and peppers in the greenhouse keep producing but are visibly running out of steam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire you northern vegetable gardeners, you pack so much into a short season. I'm looking forward to seeing what you harvest in the fall. My long growing season is so forgiving of procrastinating gardeners like me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dan, I've very jealous of your beets. My fall beets are still the size of large marbles. I really hope they bulb up before the days get too short as beets greens are no where near as fun to eat as beetroot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you gotten your first frost yet? I know a lot of people around here got frosts (to the north and west of me). I'm thinking in Canada you have had your first one already. You still got tomatoes in your harvest. It seems like so long since I've had any harvest. I still have a few left on my counter that have just turned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beets are lovely, Dan and I love the look of the tie dye tomato. How does it taste ?

    ReplyDelete