Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Garden Blogger Bloom Day

Here goes GBBD for September. Although summer is still here for a few more days it is really starting to look like fall in the garden. Many things are starting to look a little worse for wear and the nights are getting quite cool. Lets start with the now fall planters shall we:

Here is the fall plantings in the front urns. They are a mix of purple asters, purple icicle pansies and yellow cornflowers. Just planted these a few days ago, you know fall is almost here when the mums and asters are at the garden center. You may also notice the freshly painted deck & railing in the background.

Here is the fall plantings in the window box. It is just planted out with four purplish mums.

This is a cement planter in the back shade garden. I planted it with impatiens this past spring and they are still doing very well.

Oxalis 'Iron Cross'

Persicaria affinis

Sedum

Marigold, seed from Skeeter

Vinca, seed also from Skeeter

Ligularia dentata

Salvia

Pee Gee Hydrangea, waning

Japanese Anemone, also waning

Dwarf white Buddleia

11 comments:

  1. Lots of nice blooms at your place for Bloom Day. My fav is the Madagascar periwinkle/vinca with the darker eye. Vincas are great bloomers here and reseed very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of nice blooms at your place for Bloom Day. My fav is the Madagascar periwinkle/vinca with the darker eye. Vincas are great bloomers here and reseed very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first fall planter looks so good! Glad the vinca seeds Skeeter sent you have bloomed-hopefully they'll self seed too. Love the J. anemone color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos and blooms. I have never seen a yellow cornflower before. And I'm still waiting for my asters to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.....flowers too??!!

    I'm going to be planting the seeds you sent me this weekend. I'll put up a post when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color combination of deep royal purple and cheery sunny yellow. Cannot go wrong with that bold combo! You are more ambitious than I am - as I still have the same summer annuals in my front container pots and have no intention of changing them out! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your planters are lovely, as are your other flowers. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your marigolds. I don't grow any but the single variety anymore. They attract too many earwigs in my garden. BTW when you read my blog, feel free to turn me down if you don't want to host.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Oxalis 'Iron Cross' is so dainty and stately at the same time (if that is a possible combination!) Thanks for sharing all your blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some very interesting flowers here. I love the subtle pink of the Pee Gee, and I have never seen a salvia like that. Very understated.

    ReplyDelete