Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thurdays Garden Meals

The garden has just started to ramp up so I have now been about to make many meals that comprise mostly of my own garden produce. With the start of summer being so cool and damp it was starting to feel like a big let down so it is nice to see things actually produce now! Here is a couple dishes from the past few days:


Summer doesn't get any better then this. Porketta rotisserie on the grill, the recipe can be found at the following link. Along side lightly cooked dragon tongue beans and cucumber & tomato salad dressed with a light vinaigrette of the cough cough Kraft variety.

Today I made this zucchini side dish with my first zuc of the season. The side dish is grilled chile-coated zucchini w/ honey lime dressing. The idea came from Skippy's Vegetable Garden and the recipe can be found at the following link. It was excellent!

Stay tuned for tomorrows fall crop update.

8 comments:

  1. That looks GREAT!! I can;t wait to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pork didn't come from your garden! ;)

    the zucchini looks delish. can't wait to grow some next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang...look at those perfect grill marks on that zucchini! Dan, you are truly the man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time you post a meal I keep thinking you are some gourmet chef or something. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love cucumber and tomato salads... watching my first cucumbers with anticipation because that is the first thing I will be doing with it!

    You are a great cook Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really wonderful. I had a garden meal post all ready before I left, but didn't have time to write it so it goes by the wayside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy, Dan. I am going to try the zucchini recipe this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, that zucchini does look good!

    ReplyDelete