- celery - I really don't like celery and what is one to do with a whole row of celery when it is ready all at once.
- potatoes - I love eating potatoes, however they take up an enormous amount of my limited space and don't produce enough to be worth the space. I will get my fresh potato fix from the farmers market
- bell peppers - they took forever to produce and tasted awful. I will be growing a few chili peppers though. I may also grow some sweet banana peppers, they did really well last season.
- lima beans - was not really a fan of these.
- eggpplant - I may or may not grow these. They did not produce anything last year.
My memory then kicked in and I recalled a post on Daphne's Dandelions Blog about Pinetree Garden Seeds. She was remarking how inexpensive they are and how you could then order many more varieties. I headed over to their page and was pleasantly surprised. Not only are they very inexpensive, they carry all kinds of different varieties and many are the same varieties that the other seed houses have but charge 300% more for. They had everything I was going to order from the other 3 seed houses, one stop shopping! The total from Pinetree was approximately $20 w/ shipping for 13 varieties of vegetables. I think pinetree is my new place to go for seed, everyone should check it out. Don't forget to look at their around the world vegetable section, I found many of my varieties there.
Once I finalize my order I will post a list of all the varieties I am going to grow this year.