Monday, October 19, 2009

Harvest Monday Time!

Here goes another Harvest Monday. The event is hosted by the one and only Daphne's Dandelions and is the place where all the cool kids post their Harvest Monday links! This weeks harvest was a pretty big one for this time of year. The past week has brought some pretty cool nights so I harvested everything that doesn't like the cold. I did so just in time too as Sunday we received our first light frost, it's all down hill from here.

Here are all the Purple peppers that the squirrels left me. The seed for these peppers came from everyone's favorite Granny. Half of these went in my Salsa and the others are still awaiting their destiny.

and more peppers.... in this basket is green & red Big Chili II as well as Poblano peppers. About half of these went into the Salsa as well. The rest will be dried or roasted/froze for later use.

In this basket is four small Rosa Bianca eggplants, not sure what I am going to do with them yet, hopefully something that involves lots of cheese =D There also is some broccoli, looks like this is the last of the broccoli.

After Sunday mornings frost these are definitely the last tomatoes of the season. These are Velvet Red cherry tomatoes that the The Conservative Gardener shared. They were really nice and sweet. Very interesting velvety leaves and fruit too, the fuzz easily rubs off the fruit by the way.

Well that about sums up my harvests for the past seven days. It would appear it consisted of a lot of last's. Is it next spring yet? I think I need to move to Australia and bask in spring like Totally Inept Balcony Gardener.

10 comments:

  1. Love the basket of peppers. Peppers have to be one of the prettiest things in the garden. I especially love the plants when they have ripe red ones.

    It looks like you got a bit later frost than we did. Last night it snowed again. I figured this morning it would all be gone since the ground is still warm, but no I still have an inch of snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, those purple peppers are beautiful! I also particularly love the poblano ones as well, a variety I'm hoping to grow next year.

    I know what you mean about Australia...I'm try to garden vicariously through some of the blogs that I read from down under.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Daphne that peppers are some of the prettiest produce to look at (not bad eating either!). You have the makings of a super pepper roasting adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great peppers, it looks like you had a great garden this year. John

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple peppers are so pretty and I love the basket of peppers. The peppers that I was going to grow for salsa this year did not survive the seedling stage, oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5:06 am ! Gosh Dan, you were either up very late or very early. he-he!
    That's a nice haul of peppers. (Can't wait to try many more varieties next year). Lovely eggplants too. Nice harvest !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great harvest, but have to comment on the way you shot the tomatoes and basket terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice that you were able to harvest so much in the past week. Nice peppers; I've pretty much given up on growing them. And I'm impressed that you have some red tomatoes this late, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some nice peppers, Dan. Yours did much better than mine this year..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rosa Bianca is the variety I can't get to go. It sure is pretty.

    Such beeeeyouuuuutifel peppers! They're glorious.

    ReplyDelete