Friday, February 21, 2014

Peppers Planted


I seeded my peppers today along with a few other things. Last year I planted peppers on Feb 14, this year I decided to hold off one more week due to the whole polar vortex nonsense. Granny graciously supplied me with the majority of my bell pepper seeds this year. With so many varieties I will be doing a mini trial to see what grows best. Pepper varieties this year will include:
  • Quadrato Giallo D'Asti (Yellow)
  • Horizon Orange
  • Red Marconi
  • Quadrato Tosso D'Asti (Red)
  • Happy Yummy Sweet (Orange)
  • X3R Red Knight F1
  • Ancho
  • Anahiem (sowing from my dehydrate peppers, hope they aren't cooked!)
Well I was at it I also started a few other things:
  • Ping Tung Long Eggplant
  • Swamp Mallow (collected on the edge of a swamp)
  • Penstemon Grandiflorus "War Axe" (Collect from the yard)
 That is all from now. I will be back mid March when I start sowing broccoli, peas etc.

6 comments:

  1. You're way ahead of me on the peppers. I'm aiming for around March 8, at which time I'll also start my broccoli and cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to the results of your trial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got my onions planted already, but the rest of it I'm waiting on. The weather has been so up and down this winter, if it continues into the spring I won't be able to plant things very early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you are going to have a nice variety of peppers. You just reminded me that I was going to start my peppers earlier this year so they would be further along at transplant time. I guess I better get my seed starting schedule set up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you've got a colorful collection of peppers. I'm not even thinking of sowing peppers yet, I'll probably start those in the first week of April

    ReplyDelete
  6. Planted Onions, peppers and tomato's today. Do have our flower bed flowers up and going.

    ReplyDelete