Monday, August 27, 2012

Harvest Monday

Here goes another Harvest Monday post. Below is a collection of harvests since my last post. The garden is still chugging along and I am happy to have beans coming in again. It has still been really dry, the only good news is the temperature has cooled a bit.

 Dragon Tongue Beans.
 Tomatoes starting at the left: Sudduth's Strain Brandywine, Kellogg's 
Breakfast, Pink Berkley Tie Dye and Better Boy.
 Slicing Cucumbers.
 Black Summer F1 Pac Choi, Pink Berkley Tie Dye Tomato and
Dragon Tongue Beans.
 Kellogg's Breakfast Tomatoes. They have been a real performer this year!
 Purple Podded & Blue Lake Pole Beans.
 Slicing Cucumbers and Better Boy Tomatoes.
More Dragon Tongue Beans... They are an excellent producer
and in my opinion the best tasting bean.
In other news I started a bunch of fall crops in pots a while ago and they are just about ready to plant in the garden. The polytunnel has also been all cleaned up and it is ready to go in the garden. I'll be planted everything this week so I'll get a post up about the fall stuff later this week.

20 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous selection of tomatoes! Brandywine will ALWAYS be my favorite--but it's neat to see so many varieties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you grow a bush or a pole variety of dragon tongue? They always look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful collection of vegetables and fruits! It looks like you definitely know what to do with your hands and mind in a garden. Thanks for sharing these awesome photos. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great harvest! The purple beans look so beautiful it seems like one more thing I need to add to my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Great photographs of beautiful vegetables, I love the shot of the tomatoes on the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great harvest. My Dragon Tongue beans are producing like crazy right now too. Kids really love them. Your variety of tomatoes is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice looking tomatoes. Haven't tried Dragon Tongues yet. Usually I have about 6 kinds of beans growing all over but had terrible germination issues this year, some kind of rotting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Dragon beans. I'll have some to pick in about a week and am looking forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking harvest. Love the beans. Good luck with the fall garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those tomatoes are the most amazing colours and sizes. Super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tomato line up - just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great variety of tomatoes coming from your veggie garden. Nice mix of produce coming out of your gardent too. Sounds like the season extenders are set to go and the transplants ready to go into the ground. I need to reseed some of the direct sown fall lettuces as the first attempt did not have good germination. Better get at it soon I can feel fall in the shortening days and cooler mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous harvest! Love the variety of tomatoes and the beans.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great harvest. You've done well considering the challenging weather we've all had this year. I do like the Blue Lake pole beans, they are just so prolific.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many varieties and very colourful harvest!
    I would like to try growing dragon tongue bean after looking at your harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm looking at this blog so close to lunch, and not only is it making me hungry - but now I don't really want to bring the lunch I brought. My spaghetti would be so much better with some of these added in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those 'dragon tongue' beans! I wish I had some seeds. I've never seen them for sell on the Polish market.

    ReplyDelete